Why Recruiting Businesses need Integrated Rec Tech to Capitalize on a Returning Market
With the ever-complex challenges facing today’s recruiting landscape, staffing and recruiting firms are under immense pressure to accelerate their digital transformation and automate processes. After all, recruiting process automation can help to lift productivity, get to the best candidates quicker, fill roles sooner and reduce hiring costs.
Automation and integration go hand-in-hand; it is impossible to automate things that aren’t connected. So is automation in your business being hindered by a lack of integration?
Advancements in technology have allowed recruiting firms the opportunity to use a variety of tools, but this can lead to challenges in getting them all to work cohesively, particularly if you have disparate software solutions performing different jobs but still have manual processes in between.
More tech vendors equals more integration issues, which leads to broken, convoluted recruiting processes which can negatively impact the efficiency of your business.
Sound familiar? Don’t worry, you’re not alone. Many recruiting firms still have systems in place which are not suitable for their current or future business needs. If you still have manual processes and disparate systems, then you are restricting yourself in your ability to operate effectively and scale your business.
In addition to the benefits to your team, your clients and candidates have high expectations of how businesses engage with them today; the frustrations of disjointed systems and communications can provide a poor experience for them and ultimately be damaging for your brand.
The benefits of integration can’t be understated, so lets’ take a look at the key takeaways:
- With a fully integrated tech stack, you can automate and streamline tasks or workflows within the recruiting process that would previously have been done manually, thereby freeing up time for recruiters to focus on what matters – speaking to their clients and candidates.
- Integration helps to improve business efficiency. If your various tools and technology are well-integrated, then you prevent duplication of tasks or having to wait for staff to complete manual processes in order for data to be shared with all the relevant parties.
- By having all team members on one platform, you can unleash the power of information across your entire business: they’ll win more business, stay ahead of the competition & increase margins.
- An integrated tech stack removes the need for outdated, manual processes which are both time consuming and costly; you’ll just need more staff to complete those processes as you grow your business. Things can get missed, poor communication can negatively affect customers, staff and project delivery; not to mention the faff of switching between different systems. Manual processes do not support a scalable business model.
- The pandemic has brought to the forefront of many hiring businesses the ability for their staff to work from home effectively. With remote working likely to be a permanent fixture, it is essential to have the correct integrated technology in place which supports more productive and efficient working.
- Recruiting is the canary in the coal mine; it’s the first to feel the effects of a downturn and it’s the first to feel it when the market is returning to growth. Many firms will need to consider if they are really best positioned to take advantage of that growth as it returns and if their tech stack is future proofed to support the business’ ambitions moving forward.
- Don’t run before you can walk. Many recruiting firms are excited by developments in AI (artificial intelligence) and how it can potentially benefit their business. But before you think about AI, you need to get your other AI right (automation and integration), otherwise you’ll simply have another piece of tech which isn’t delivering what it should.
- When thinking about integration of your tech stack, remember these 3 keys things: stability, security, scalability.
Having integrated systems is no longer a luxury for any business, it’s a basic requirement to enable staff to work to the best of their ability, provide a better experience for clients and candidates and ultimately increase profit margins and scale with your business. By future proofing your technology now so you have a truly integrated and automated solution in place, then your business can grow exponentially.
Ready for more detail on integrating your tech stack? Read our latest whitepaper ‘Integrations and the AppExchange’ here.